I can remember when I first began looking for a way to earn money working from home. One excellent option that I ran into is starting your very own bookkeeping business.
While this isn’t your only option by any means, it’s one of the best out there. Below is a quick overview of some of the different options that you may run into online, including bookkeeping.
Why A Work From Home Bookkeeping Business Is The Way To Go
What Are Some Other Options?
If you are like me, then you have probably been searching for a way to work from home for a while now. And along the way, chances are that you have been scammed as well. We all know how disheartening this can be but yet we keep searching.
You continue to look because you know deep down that there has to be a legitimate way. There has to be something that works as advertised. There are so many “opportunities” out there it simply becomes difficult to sort the good from the bad.
You could try something like direct sales. Some people make an absolute killing doing this. I was a part of a direct sales company for a year back when I first began trying out different things.
While I still use and believe in this product to this day I found that once your warm market dries up things begin to get very difficult in a hurry.
In addition to that, I simply got tired of bugging friends and family and recruiting others that had the same drive as myself seemed to be near impossible. I hated feeling like I was pushing others to jump on board. That simply isn’t who I am so I moved on.
This category of work from home schemes can be much riskier. These pretty much solely involve the recruitment of others to make you money.
Again, some make an absolute killing but now you venture into the grey area of which ones are pyramid schemes and which ones are outright scams.
Unless they involve the sales of an actual product I would stay away from these altogether. There are simply too many unknowns and you could be easily get burnt. In addition, if your not a stud at recruiting others then chances are that you will not make a single dime.
I am sure you have seen many of these as well. Whether it is Forex trading, penny stocks, software to it is supposed to show you when to buy and sell, commodities or the new rage, cryptocurrencies.
I can’t help but feel like these are nothing different than going to a casino. You really have to watch yourself with these types of programs as well. Many are simply looking to separate you from your hard-earned money.
A quick word on cryptocurrencies. I just read an article yesterday (October 24th, 2017) That if you had bought $100 in Bitcoin that it would be worth $140,000,000 today!
That is nuts to even imagine that. As of this writing, it was floating around $6,000 a coin. I simply can’t help but feel like this is still a form of gambling, it just scares me.
I don’t have anything against investing in Bitcoin but I still see it as a form of gambling and that is not what I want to do as a career choice. You also have to be aware that many other new cryptocurrencies are now popping up and most if not all will probably never be anywhere close to what Bitcoin is now.
In addition to that, there are quite a few “mining” sites out there that will simply take your money and run. If you decide to go this route tread carefully and do your research!
You Get The Point… Why Bookkeeping?
I could go on and on about all the different ways to make money from home. There are so many out there it can really make your head spin. Let’s get back to why I feel bookkeeping from the comfort of your own home can be an excellent fit.
- Technology Rocks! – Because of how technology has advanced it has become very possible for this to happen. Cloud technology, encryption, Skype (just to name a few). Gone are the days where you were limited as a small business owner to finding a bookkeeper in your town. Now, it doesn’t make a lick of difference where you live, you are still able to offer everything and more running a virtual bookkeeping business.
- Every Business Needs A Bookkeeper – You read that right. By law, every single business must have their books done. There is never going to be a shortage of businesses looking for a bookkeeper.
- They Make How Much?! – This is my favorite point to make when talking to others about bookkeeping. Did you know that bookkeepers have the highest profit margin compared to EVERY other business out there? Working your own bookkeeping business, on average, can earn you somewhere in the ballpark of $60-$80 PER HOUR! This is also because of the low start-up costs associated with it. Does that catch your attention?
- You Are Actually Helping People – This is a real perk in my humble opinion. What better feeling is there than being able to help others run their businesses more efficiently.
- Be Free! – Have the opportunity to be home more with your family, ditch the daily commutes back and forth from home, BE YOUR OWN BOSS, start working for yourself!
It’s Not For Everyone!
While I strongly feel that becoming a bookkeeper is a super cool way to work for yourself, it’s not for everybody. You must have the drive to actually run a business.
Bookkeeping isn’t one of those things that you run on autopilot like so many things that are promised online.
You need to have the drive to do the things that are required of you to do. Remember, your clients are depending on you to not only do their books but to make sure they are right!
You will not have a boss telling you what needs to be done on a daily basis. Check out the traits that make for a great bookkeeper and see if it’s a good fit for you.
Like To Learn More?
The cool thing is that as long as you have that drive to start your own business anyone can do this. Even if you know nothing about bookkeeping, you can learn it!
I have found a course that will teach you absolutely everything about bookkeeping and how to market your own business. I have searched and searched for different bookkeeping programs (that’s what I do), and nothing comes close to this program in delivering everything you need to build a thriving bookkeeping business from home.
Put your credit card away! Simply check out my review of this program to see for yourself if this is something that may be good for you. You will even have the opportunity to get 3 free training lessons that help you to evaluate yourself, the pros and cons as well as start-up costs associated with your new business.
I hope you decide to take that first step and check it out and maybe I will see you on the flip side! If you have any concerns, comments or questions feel free to drop a one below and I will be sure to respond as soon as possible!