What Is The Neat Company?
Name: The Neat Company
Price: $6.67- $20.83 A Month
Rank: 75 Out Of 100
The Neat Company Review
Whether you are a small business owner or a bookkeeper, you know how important it is to keep your business clean and organized. The more that you can keep the paper clutter down to a minimum, the more efficient your business runs.
This is where The Neat Company can come into play by helping to make sure your data is easily accessible anytime and anywhere you want. The Neat Company is based out of Philadelphia, PA and has been in business since 2002.
By using The Neat Company, you are able to eliminate all data entry by uploading your receipts and invoices to a single account. While this is a general description of what it can do, we need to take a more in-depth look at what exactly The Neat Company can do to help streamline and cleanup your business.
Features of The Neat Company
- Free Mobile App – Connect your account by downloading the free mobile app to any Android or iPhone. This gives you the ability to instantly upload any receipt, business card or document with a single snap of a picture.
- Import PDF Or Image Files – This can easily be done by drag and dropping files from your computer, using the mobile app, sending them by email to your free Neat email address or by scanner.
- InDocument Identification Technology – Identifies and enters pivotal information such as payment type, vendor, amounts and dates from your invoices and receipts.
- Accepted Files Types – PDF, JPG, BMP, TIF and PNG files are accepted
- Email Forwarding – You are able to forward any email to your Neat email account. Entries are automatically created as you forward each and every attachment.
- Organize Your Business Cards – Simply snap a picture of all your business cards from the mobile app to get all of your contacts organized in one place. No need to worry about losing contact information again. You can also grab your contacts from LinkedIn, Google Contacts and Outlook.com as well.
- Search Bar – You can use the search bar to easily find anything on your Neat account by just entering a single word. Also has filters to help you narrow down your search options.
- Business Software Integration – You are able to easily integrate your Neat account with Quickbooks Online, TurboTax and Excel.
- Neat Verify – Ensures 99% accuracy on key data automatically extracted from receipts and business cards
- Security – Neat uses SSL as well as 256 bit bank level security to keep your information safe.
- Expense Reports – Easily create expense reports to make tax time a lot easier.
- Integrate With Contact Mangement Software – You can import your contacts from, or to, management software such as, Constant Contact, Mailchimp or Campaign Monitor.
To sum up all the options available to you, Neat simply helps you and your business stay very clean and organized. No need to worry about losing important business cards or documents.
You will also no longer have to worry about accessing a certain computer to find documents as long as you have uploaded them to your Neat account. This gives you the ability to access anything from anywhere any time you like.
As with any program online, its important that you have easy access to support so that any question that may come up can quickly be answered. Know that whatever you choose, you will have 24 hour access to phone, chat and email support.
You also will have access to a series of quick training videos to show you exactly how to use the Neat software. Each video is broken down to specific tasks that way you know exactly what you are going to get with each one. These are excellent videos to check out for anyone brand new and looking to have a quick visual on how to use the features included with your account.
The Neat Company Prices
Lite – $6.67 a month or billed annually at $79.99 – This package is geared towards single user home based businesses for basic document storage and filing.
Premium – $9.99 a month or $199.99 billed annually – Perfect fit for small businesses. Capture and track any type of document. Integration with Quickbooks and Sage One available as well as contact management and email marketing integration. This option also allows for two user accounts and is also the version you will receive with your free trial.
Business – $20.83 a month or $249.99 billed annually – Perfect for small to medium-sized businesses. Multi company integration with Quickbooks Desktop. Priority support and live consulting assistance. You can also have up to 5 user accounts. Receipt and invoice data verification service.
My Conclusion Of The Neat Company
I did extensive research online to try to gain a sense of what others have experienced by using The Neat Company and I have to say I was a bit discouraged with what I found.
The first place I checked was with the BBB. As of the time of this review The Neat Company has a B rating so I decided to investigate further to see what the major complaints were.
Two different issues jumped out at me while doing my research. The biggest issue seems to be with their scanner products. There were also quite a few reviews on poor customer service as well.
To be fair, this review is for the online service, not their scanners. On top of that, I couldn’t find anything negative about this online service.
I should also mention that there are a lot of people that have nothing but good things to say about them as well.
In saying that, I kind of have mixed feeling about The Neat Company overall. Since all the complaints seem to be scanner and customer service related and not their online product i’m really not sure what to make of it as a whole.
If there is one thing I have learned, it is to take any negative reviews with a grain of salt. Could they all be legitimate… absolutely! They may also be deceiving as well to get you to purchase other products. I just can’t help but wonder why all the negative reviews are about the scanner and not online service.
In saying that, while I can’t, at this time, jump up and down shouting from the roof tops to use The Neat Company, I cannot say not to use them either. I don’t see any problem though with taking advantage of the free 30-day trial to try them for yourself and draw your own conclusion.
I can say that I like the concept of organizing your documents and receipts in one spot and the website is very professional. Another positive is that they have been in business since 2002 which says a lot about the company.
If The Neat Company sounds like something that can help you streamline your business then I say go ahead and give it a shot. When you sign up, they offer you a 30-day free trial to check things out for yourself. Give it a test run and see if it is right for you and your business. They also provide a separate number to use for billing specific inquiries so canceling would not be an issue.
If you would like to try The Neat Company for yourself for free for 30 days you can simply click the banner below to get started.
Name: The Neat Company
Price: $6.67 – $20.83 a month
Rank: 75 out of 100