Price: Free – $125 A Month
Rank: 93 Out Of 100
What Is Shoeboxed?
Are you a bookkeeper or business owner that has a hard time keeping your receipts organized? Maybe you’re someone that keeps your business receipts in a, wait for it… shoebox? See what I did there?
This site was launched in 2007 and is headquartered in Durham, North Carolina and to date has over 1 million account holders in over 100 countries. That alone should speak for the legitimacy of this nifty little site.
The concept behind Shoeboxed is pretty simple, to simply make it easier for you to keep track and digitize your receipts and business cards to give you a more organized and efficient business. It is also a way to keep your documents in safekeeping as well.
How Can I Use Shoeboxed?
Like I said before, the main concept is simply to convert your paper receipts, etc. into a clean and secure digital file cabinet, so to speak. There are a few different ways that you can go about this. What are the different options and different features available to you by using Shoeboxed?
- Mail Your Receipts – This may not be the most efficient way to digitize your receipts but I still feel it is nice to at least have that option for Shoeboxed members to have. You request an envelope and when it shows up at your doorstep you stuff it and send it out and Shoeboxed does the rest for you. Another nice little perk is that your postage is paid both ways.
- Download The App – Yes, there is an app for that! I personally find this to be the easiest way to take full advantage of the technology and really make Shoeboxed work for you. Simply download the app on any iPhone, iPad, or Android, snap a picture of a receipt, and you’re done! Another great feature of the app is you can use the GPS feature to track your mileage, for tax purposes, which will be saved within your account as well.
- Email – You also have the ability to transfer any receipts that have been sent to you by email with any Gmail account. Don’t have Gmail? No problem, simply sent them to your own personal email account that you will get through Shoeboxed, and boom your all set!
- Business Cards – You can also digitize your business cards. Send them to your account to create an online database of all your contacts.
- IRS Accepted – Any scanned receipt is even accepted by the IRS and CRA which, in return, simplifies the tax process and makes it make easier to get those all-important tax deductions.
- Create Expense Reports – In just a few clicks, you have the ability to create expense reports online and from your mobile device as well.
- Integration – You are able to integrate it with just about any accounting program
- Human Verification – Every single receipt or business card that is uploaded is verified by a human to ensure accuracy
As you start to really dive into what Shoeboxed is all about you really begin to realize just how straightforward everything is. Everything throughout the site is laid out as you feel it should be and is easy to navigate and find your way around.
Scan, Categorize, and Organize Your Documents at Shoeboxed.com!
Better Business Bureau
As with any business it is never a bad idea to check with the BBB to see what kind of grade they give that particular business. You can rest easy knowing that they give Shoeboxed an A+ rating.
It is fair to point out that, as of the time of this writing, there were 6 complaints on the BBB site. As I looked into them I realized that they were all billing concerns and I get the feeling that these individuals didn’t thoroughly read anything as they signed up.
On top of that, 6 complaints about any online business over the course of 10 years and 1 million accounts is nothing to be concerned about at all in my opinion.
Keep in mind that whenever you research any business on the BBB site always check to see that they have an address and phone number listed. This helps solidify that the business is legit and that you have a way to reach out if you have any major issues. Just a little quick tip from yours truly… now back to the review.
30 Day Free Trial
Yet another excellent feature is the fact that you get a 30-day free trial to check things out for yourself. Since this service is so simple to use, this is PLENTY of time to get comfortable with it and see if it is something you want to integrate into your business.
You do have to supply your credit card upfront when you sign up for the initial trial so that when your 30 days are up the billing begins automatically so be sure to make note of when you sign up as well as how to easily cancel your trial if it’s not for you so that you don’t end up getting charged for a service that you don’t want.
There are 5 different plans to choose from depending on your business needs.
- DIY – FREE – Scan up to 5 documents a month and is available for 1 user and is only available for digital upload of receipts.
- Lite – $15 a month – Scan up to 50 documents a month, 1 user and is available for digital and paper receipts, 3-5 day mail turnaround
- Classic – $39 a month – Scan 150 documents a month, 2 users and is available for digital and paper receipts, prepaid envelopes (US only), 2-3 day mail turnaround, DOCS Returned, Quickbooks Online Integration
- Business – $69 a month – 500 documents a month, 3 users, prepaid envelopes (US only), digital or paper receipts, 1-2 day turnaround, DOCS Returned, Quickbooks Online Integration
- Executive – $125 a month – 1000 documents a month, 10+ users and is available for paper or digital receipts, 1-day mail turnaround, prepaid envelopes (US only), Returned DOCS, Quickbooks Online integration
It is also worth mentioning that you will have the ability to take part in the referral program as well. The way it works is super simple. Receive a 10% discount on your monthly subscription for every person you refer.
There is no limit to the number of people that you can refer so, in theory, you have the ability to use Shoeboxed for FREE!
If you are looking for a way to digitize and organize your receipts and business cards then Shoeboxed can definitely help you achieve just that. The site is very easy to navigate and the process is quick and seamless.
This can be a great way to increase your efficiency as a business owner, as well as, take away the fear and worry of losing track of those all-important receipts when it comes to tax time. Never worry about losing crucial contact information which could also translate into lost business opportunities.
When all is said and done, I highly recommend Shoeboxed. With the 30-day free trial period and the 5 different payment programs to fit the size of your business needs, you really can’t go wrong to at least give it a shot for yourself to see if it suits you.
Price: FREE – $125
Rating: 93 Out Of 100
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please don’t hesitate to drop a comment below and I will be sure to get to you ASAP!