Welcome to my complete breakdown of this Freshbooks review. But, before I continue there I one conclusion that I have come to. The honest truth is that all accounting programs/software do a pretty good job in what they offer. It really comes down to how the software is set up, its ease of use, and how you personally feel about it.
In saying that, I do everything in my power to share with you all the important points of the program that I am writing about since it may just come down to one specific feature that you are looking for that helps you to choose which accounting software to go with.
What Is Freshbooks
Freshbooks is an amazing accounting software that is designed to make your life easier when crunching those all-important numbers for your or your client’s business. Freshbooks was started way back in 2003, in Toronto, Canada, and has since served over 24 million people in 162 countries.
Whether you are a freelancer, self-employed, or a small business owner, Freshbooks makes perfect sense. The main purpose is for you to focus on your business instead of the accounting side of things. Whether you are on the business side of things or, an accountant, or bookkeeper tracking the numbers, Freshbooks has a ton of features that simply makes sense.
What Can Freshbooks Do?
- Invoicing and Billing – Invoice generating software drastically increases the time you will have to focus on your business
- Expense Tracking – Know instantly what you are spending and how much you are making without spreadsheets or shoeboxes of receipts
- Time Tracking Software – See how much time you are spending on clients and projects, then generate an invoice in a single click
- Team Collaboration and Project Management Software – Spend less time completing projects and easily collaborate with other team members to deliver amazing results faster
- Estimates and Proposals – Helps you to determine what to charge with just a few simple clicks and streamlines your billing
- Online Payments – Makes it easier for clients to pay online which means you get your money twice as fast
- Double-entry Bookkeeping – Accurate, compliant, and easy to understand financial reports
- Financial Reporting – Know exactly how your business is doing
- Mobile Accounting App – This allows you to easily stay connected with your clients from anywhere. Available in both Apple and Google App stores
- Accurate Billing – Log every billable minute and send more accurate invoices
- Mileage Tracking – Automatically logs every business-related trip and saves your travel history
- Custome Proposals – Includes images and attachments to help you land new clients
While these are the main points that Freshbooks focuses on, there are a lot of other things that this amazing software can do to help you to make things much easier as a small business owner or accountant.
Below is a quick video showing you a quick overview of invoices and how Freshbooks can tie into your business. Feel free to check it out.
One of the great things about Freshbooks is the support that is available to you. They pride themselves on always being able to talk to an actual human being instead of annoying recorded prompts that never seem to get you anywhere.
You can reach out to support either through email or by phone. Representatives are available 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, Eastern Standard Time.
There is also a section where you are able to search previously asked questions which may help you to get your help much quicker on your own without having to actually reach out to support.
Simply put, there are a ton of different integrations available that you can tie to your Freshbooks account to make everything a seamless process. In fact, I counted 118 different accounts that you are able to integrate. If it is something that you will need for your business, I can almost guarantee that you are able to integrate it with Freshbooks.
Along with all of the integrations that Freshbooks has to offer, you also have to ability to download the Freshbooks app on any Apple or Android phone. You are able to do anything through the app that you can on your desktop or laptop, the only exception being the reporting feature. All of your information is seamlessly synced across any and all devices.
I wanted to look for a neutral site that I could find neutral reviews on Freshbooks. I found a site called getapp.com where I found a ton of user reviews. Overall, Freshbooks gets 4.5 out of 5 stars and 96% recommend it to others!
Below are a few screenshots in case you didn't want to head over to the site to check things out.
What Does Freshbooks Cost?
Of course, by now you are wondering what this is going to cost you. You have 2 different options to consider. You can either pay monthly or yearly. Just like most other programs, you are able to save more by choosing the yearly option (10% off the monthly cost).
Freshbooks also offers a 50% discount on the first three months! To me, this is kind of a no-brainer to be able to try things out for free is see if it is a good fit for you and your business, but as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My suggestion would be to simply take advantage of the half-off discount and if you are not happy with it you can move on without having to worry about losing a lot of money in the process.
Below are a couple of screenshots that show you the monthly and yearly prices. Note that the prices that are shown are with the 50% discount for the first 3 months.
To Sum Things Up
Listen, Freshbooks is a great program with a proven track record and an excellent support system to help guide if needed. There are a ton of features available to you, it's simply a matter of if you find it useful and simple for your business. Most will love it and I'm sure that a few will not. The truth is that you simply will not know until you actually try it for yourself.
One of the great perks is that you can try it for a full 3 months at a 50% discount to find out for yourself.
I hope that you found this Freshbooks review helpful. If you have any questions or comments feel free to drop them below. Have you used Freshbooks yourself? I'd like to hear about your experience with it as well.
I am an affiliate with Freshbooks and receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) when you use the links provided in this review. If you found this review useful, I simply ask that you use the provided links to get started.