What Is Craftybase?
Craftybase is a nifty platform that is designed to help track all of your bookkeeping and inventory needs. What makes this service unique is that it is catered towards small businesses that focus on selling physical products on sites such as Etsy.
If you are a business owner that deals with handmade products, then you understand that tracking expenses and profits can be tricky for bookkeeping and tax purposes. Craftybase easily breaks down every detail of your business so that everything can be tracked. In most cases, this is done automatically since it seamlessly integrates with whatever selling platform you are using.
Feel free to check out the video below to help give you a quick rundown on a few of the specifics on how Craftybase can help track everything for your home business needs.
How Can Craftybase Help Your Business?
So, what exactly can Crafty base do?
- See your cost of goods down to the penny. Most businesses are only able to estimate their costs but with Craftybase you are able to easily track every expense and see exactly what it costs to produce your product. This even includes any labor costs you may have if you have additional employees. Compiled Schedule C report instantly to make tax time stress-free.
- Know exactly where your inventory levels are. Enter the product that you buy and let Craftybase track that inventory for you. Also, includes recommended pricing calculator and you are also able to see exact profit margins.
- Set your prices with confidence. Since you will know the exact cost of producing your product, you will know exactly what to charge and how much you will make per unit. Know your exact profit margins from every sale. This includes any fees charged by whatever platform (Etsy) you are using.
- Have access to a wide arrange of reports. You’ll get a wide array of bookkeeper-friendly reports such as Profit & Loss, Sales and Expenditure, and Schedule C guidance. You will also have access to other reports and graphs such as COGS breakdown, manufacturing activity summaries, inventory valuations, and profitability guidance.
- Product and order management. Automatically import your products and orders from your different sales channels. See detailed breakdowns of your incurred expenses and material costs.
- Searchable lists of all the materials that you use. Maintain a full purchase history and calculate rolling average unit prices.
- Track your stock year-round. Avoid huge end of the year counts
Simple Integration With The Platforms That You Use
Craftybase makes it very simple to integrate the platforms that you will need to run your business. Below is a quick screenshot of all the available integrations.
Of course, you are wondering how much all of this is going to cost so, let’s take a look at the different options available to you. There are 2 ways to pay, monthly or yearly. You choose to pay by the year, then you are going to receive a discount for doing so. Below you will see both options, the first one being your monthly options and the second one, paying for the year.
There is one additional awesome point that I feel is important to point out. Craftybase also gives you a free 14-day trial to try it out at their top-tier Indie option. What makes their trial different from other software options out there is that you don’t even need to provide your credit card information to start the trial.
If you choose not to continue after the 14 days then you do nothing to cancel and you move on with your life. If you do continue after the trial period, then you choose which level you want from there and determine whether you want the monthly or yearly option.
So, what are others saying about Craftybase? Below is a screenshot of customer reviews from the Craftybase website.
Of course, you are only going to find positive reviews on their own site, so I continued to search for reviews from a more independent source. I found a bunch of Craftybase reviews from a site called softwareadvise.com. I took the liberty of including a couple of screenshots from there for you to take a look at. I included a link to that review site but be prepared that it loads extremely slow so scrolling through them gets a little frustrating.
As you can see, just about everyone that uses Craftybase seems to love it. If you have your own craft business or sell on a site like Etsy, this does seem like to go-to software that you need to use. My suggestions would be to definitely check it out for the free 14 days to determine for yourself if Craftybase is the right software for your business. Click on the link below to get started today!
If you happen to have any questions, drop them in the comments below and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible!
I am an affiliate for Craftybase which means that I earn a small commission should you choose to register through the links provided in this review at no additional cost to you!