Brother ImageCenter ADS 2800W High-Speed Wireless Document Scanner
The Brother ImageCenter ADS 2800W Desktop Scanner claims to be a reliable and robust addition to any size business and helps to simplify the way documents are delivered, captured, managed and processed.
Let’s take a deeper look into all the bells and whistles as well as those all-important reviews to get a general idea of how well-received this new scanner by Brother has been so far.
The ADS-2800W allows you to scan to multiple destinations to help you manage your workflows and documents. You can also scan documents to following cloud apps:
- Microsoft OneNote and OneDrive/OneDrive for Business
- GOOGLE DRIVE/GOOGLE DRIVE for Work
- EVERNOTE/EVERNOTE Business
- BOX/BOX for Business
This can all be done directly from the super simple 3.7-inch color Touchscreen. You can also scan directly to a USB flash drive, email server, shared folder, and FTP/SFTP to quickly distribute, save, and share any and all information. You are also able to scan to other compatible mobile devices using the free Brother iPrint&Scan; app.
Secure Scanning Solutions
The ADS-2800W comes loaded with The Enterprise Level Security which provides for a wide range of security features:
- Secure Function Lock
- Enterprise Security
- network user authentication and corporate email address lookup via Active Directory (using LDAP)
Multiple Capture Options Available
The Brother ImageCenter ADS 2800W comes with the ability to scan a number of different types of documents from plastics cards up to documents that are 196 inches long. To go along with this, it also has some extra options to help clean up your scans, such as:
- hole punch removal,
- edge cleanup,
- background removal
- 2-in-1 Mode for capturing 11-inch x 17-inch documents
- Continuous Scan Mode for scanning unlimited pages into a single file.
Features And Specifications
This particular document scanner also comes loaded with numerous bells and whistles to help push it towards the top when compared to similar scanners:
- Can scan single or double-sided documents in a single pass in either black and white or color
- Auto document feeder with 50-page capacity
- Single sheet scan size from 8.5 inches all the way up to 196 inches
- Multiple sheet scans are 8.5 x 14
- 48 different programmable shortcuts with single touch scanning on a 3.7-inch color touchscreen display
- Can easily scan documents, photos, receipts, business cards, and even embossed plastic cards
- Optimize your scans with hole punch removal, blank page removal, desk support, and background removal
- Includes wireless 802.11 b/g/n along with wires Gigabit Ethernet
- Wi-Fi direct and Hi-Speed USB
- Streamline your workflows with Web Connect which allows you to scan to popular Cloud apps
- Scan speeds in color up to 30 pages per minute
- Automatic document feeder with a 50 sheet capacity
- A daily cycle of up to 2,500 pages
- Scan unlimited pages into a single file with Continuous Scan Mode
- Ability to scan to USB flash drive, email server, shared folder or FTP/SFTP
- Use the free Brother iPrint&Scan; app to scan to compatible mobile devices
- Ability to customize your scanner using the BrotherSolutionsInterface (BSI)
- One year limited warranty
- Free phone support for the life of the scanner
- Integrated image optimization
- Up to 600 x 600 dpi optical resolution
- 2 in 1 Mode captures 11″ x 17″ documents
- Kofax VRS certified
Customer Reviews And Scores
As you probably know, reviews play a huge role in your buying decision on whether to buy product A or product B. Let’s take a look and the reviews on Amazon and see what they tell us.
As of the time of this writing, there have been 155 reviews for the Brother ImageCenter ADS 2800W High-Speed Wireless Document Scanner. When averaging out all the reviews, it receives a score of 4 out of 5 stars with 63% giving it 5 stars and 77% 4 or 5 stars.
I went ahead and looked at the 1-star rating (these are always going to be there no matter what the product is) to see if there was a common theme among them. After reading through them all there was nothing specific that stood out.
The ImageCenter ADS 2800W Desktop Scanner offers powerful features for any size business, small or large. This excellent scanner will be sure to help simplify the way documents are delivered, processed, managed, and captured.
I see no reason but to highly recommend this product for all of your business needs. It is also nice to know that this scanner is also available through Amazon Prime. Buy with confidence!